In this lab you will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
Testing for Fomites:
This section provides the opportunity to apply what you have learned about environmental transmission of pathogens. You will choose eight sites in your environment and culture each site for the presence of microbial contamination.
- Upon completion of the lab, write a brief essay (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you:
- Explain the three elements necessary to spread infection.
- Explain what can make a potential host susceptible to infection.
- Describe the three primary modes of pathogen transmission.
- Describe the eight sites you chose to test.
- Explain your results for each of the sites tested.
- Include a statement about the results you expected versus the results you observed.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the attached Rubric Terms.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.
### THIS IS THE FILE ATTACHMENT LINKS TABLE ###
|1.||Microbiology Lab Manual
|1.||MLT1 – Task 8 (211.2.6-01, 02)
link opens in new window