Principles of Organizational Performance Management:
For this assessment, consider yourself a nurse leader responsible for multiple departments, units, or service areas. You are struggling with performance of outcome measures that are below benchmarks. You feel that if your teams and staff were more engaged, your outcomes would improve. Requirements: PLEASE address all areas.
A. Create a performance data scorecard you could use to focus on outcome measures in your healthcare organization in which you do the following:
1. Identify the patient population being addressed.
2. Identify at least one outcome measure related to the population indentified in part A1 for each of the following indicators:
• patient safety
• employee engagement
B. Discuss the necessary processes that drive each outcome measure.
1. Discuss at least one additional indicator that would be important for a nurse leader to monitor on a regular basis to drive outcomes as part of the performance data scorecard.
C. Discuss at least three advantages of the performance data scorecard created in part A.
D. Analyze at least two current trends in healthcare that are related specifically to employee engagement.
1. Explain the relationship between employee engagement and healthcare quality.
2. Discuss whether current tools in your organization adequately provide nurse leadership with data regarding employee engagement.
E. Create a plan to improve employee engagement based on the performance data scorecard.
Note: This plan may include but is not limited to goals, strategies, evaluation, timeline, etc.
1. Discuss leadership best practices that improve employee engagement.
F. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.