Create a professional mission statement that showcases a professional development plan by doing the following:
- Explain the functional differences between a regulatory agency, such as a board of nursing (BRN), and Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) as it pertains to your professional nursing practice.
- Discuss two examples of how provisions from a nursing code of ethics influence your practice.
- Discuss four professional traits from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics you will bring to an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
- Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your professional practice.
- Explain how this theory fits your professional practice.
- Discuss how the contributions of one historical nursing figure have impacted your professional nursing practice, including modern-day application.
- Discuss a scenario in which you, as a nurse, safeguarded two of the following principles for the patient:
- Respect for autonomy
Note: Do not include confidential patient information (e.g., name, location).
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.