The following are specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment:
- Analyze the various stages in the strategy development and planning processes.
- Assess external opportunities, threats, and internal organizational capabilities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business strategy.
- Write clearly and communicate effectively about business strategy using proper writing mechanics and appropriate media.
Complete each of the following tasks in a 3-5 page paper:
- Summarize the key issues in the IKEA case studies.
- Complete a behavioral customer segmentation for IKEA.
- Compare IKEA’s traditional vs. new (U.S.) customers.
- Describe IKEA’s strategic growth opportunity in the U.S. in your own words, using the concepts from the readings and lectures to date.
Your assignment should adhere to these guidelines:
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow JWMI style guide and writing format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following grading criteria.