Nowadays, we look to all forms of media for our entertainment. Whether is a television series, surfing the web for the latest celebrity news, or engaging in an addictive game on our smartphones, there is no shortage of entertainment options. As we discovered in Week two in our analysis of news media, there are also underlying messages in entertainment media.
This week, you will select a favorit television show or movie to analyse. It is suggested that you access the show or movie in a recorded form so that you will be able to refer to it as you work on your analysis.
For the analysis, you must:
* Identify the author of the message.
* Explain the creative techniques used to capture the attention of the audience.
* Identify and explain the values and points of view that are contained within the message and those that are omitted from the message.
* Discuss how diggerent audience members may intrpret the message.
* Adhere to the Entertainment Media Analysis Template.
The analysis must:
* Be a minimum of two pages and no more than three pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and be formatted according to APA style as outlined.
* Include at least three sources from the reading for the week to support your ideas. The list of sources must be formatted using APA style.