Each response should be at least 400 words in length and absolutely no PLAGIARISM!!! The work will be checked using turnitin. If you are unable to meet the deadline, do not send a handshake!!!! Do not send a handshake and then want to increase your price after I have agreed. Once the down payment is made, please copy and paste the work so that I can remove it from the site. Thank you
Select a policy from the list below:
- *Controlled Substances Act (Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970) – Regulated the manufacturing, importation, possession, and use of controlled substances (both legal and illegal).
- * Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 – Regulates the over-the-counter sale of medicinal products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine (products typically found in cold medications and used to manufacture methamphetamine).
- *Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986 – Enacted mandatory minimum sentences for drug possession
- *Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 – Changed the sentencing ration between crack cocaine and powder cocaine to 1 to 18 (previously a 1 to 100 ratio).
- *US. Patriot Act (2001) – Expanded the power of police agencies to gather intelligence data on terrorism suspects, and broadened discretionary powers to detain and deport immigrants suspected of terrorism
- *Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 (Comprehensive Crime Control Act) – Created sentencing structure for Federal offenses, established the U.S. Sentencing Commission, and abolished Federal parole.
After selecting one of the criminal justice policies as identified by Mallicoat, evaluate it based on one of the models (i.e., Packer’s, Feeley’s, or Cox and Wade’s) and explain your conclusions based on your evaluation of the current criminal justice system. In your examination of the policy process, determine if the policy under review is symbolic or substantive. Finally, determine the major goal and secondary goal of the policy. Support your claims with examples from materials and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite your references with both in-text and APA citations at the end of your post.
“People want government to act and deal with the problem of crime, but at the same time people do not want the actions of government to threaten or harm their interest” (Marion & Oliver, 2012, p. 84).
Examine a recent major criminal justice policy, and discuss what led to the establishment of the policy. Determine what the effects of the policy were on various interest groups and criminal justice operations. Has the public policy changed over time? Has the criminal justice policy been modified over the years? In your evaluation of the criminal justice system, were the arguments that led the change in the policy first addressed when the policy was originally implemented? Support your claims with examples from materials and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite your references with both in-text and APA citation at the end of your post.