Individual Reflection: Blueprint for Professional and Personal Growth—Managing Business Information Systems, Executive Summary of Class and Collaboration Skills
As you begin this Assignment, review the broad range of topics presented throughout the course related to managing business information systems. Clearly, eight weeks does not provide enough time to explore all the topics of this course as deeply as you might have liked. For this Individual Reflection, select concepts or topics that resonated with you during this course and commit to learning more about them. To bring this commitment to life, identify concrete action items that will support your goal to deepen your personal learning experience in the coming year. Then, consider the following:
- What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you had in this course with your personal and professional development goals?
- What are the most important things you are taking from this course that will shape your future and enable you to make a positive difference?
All components of the Assignment must be turned in as one document:
- The Executive Summary: Write an Executive Summary of the course (2–3 paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- Which content and assignments in this course improved your understanding of managing business information systems within your chosen organization?
- What impact has your improved understanding had or do you anticipate it will have on the value you will bring to your role within an organization?
- How have the content and assignments changed the way you think of managing business information systems?
- How have the content and assignments shaped your goals now, and how do you anticipate they will shape your goals in the future?
- One of the major challenges in information systems management is the management of information ethics. What can you do to influence the ethical behavior of yourself and others in this area?
- How can the knowledge you gained in this course enable you to make a positive difference within an organization, community, or more broadly?
- The Back-up Plan: Create an individual data and technology back-up plan that identifies how you will keep your files and notes from this class and all of your other classes safe and secure for the long term so that you may reference them at any time.
- Your Professional or Personal Action Plan: Write a detailed action plan for one new goal for professional and personal development. You will continue to build on the list of goals you started in your previous course. Include the following in your action plan:
- Your specific goal for professional and personal development with an explanation of why you selected the goal. Be sure to provide concrete and specific examples of why the goal is important, the extent to which this goal enables you to be an agent for positive social change, and the personal or professional value you expect from achieving each goal, and how the goal relates to the resources you reviewed in the course.
- At least two objectives for the goal you have identified. Provide a rationale that explains how your objectives support the goal.