The ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ which attracted global support in Summer 2014 is a good example of creative online campaigns which use digital PR, incorporating social media to attract public support for a charitable cause.
Choose a charity, human interest issue or consumer campaign or theme which interests you. Devise a plan using the template headings introduced to you and set out how you would use PR via online and social media, across a four weeks period, (weeks 5-8) to raise the profile of your chosen example.
• Decide upon three types of social and online activity you want to use to promote and raise the profile of this issue
• Can be blog + plus two, or three of your choice
• Devise a creative approach – think written and visual
• Write a plan justifying and explaining your activity
Activity plan structure – use these headings
• Introduction – to your issue of choice
• Objectives – SMART
• Audiences- who you want to reach/engage with?
• Channels chosen and why – research used?
• Creative approach – how?
• Timeline activity details
• Measurement tools you would use and why?
Your word count for the activity plan up is to 1500. Your social and online supporting portfolio is not included, and will serve as appendix. We can work on in taught sessions from weeks 5-8.
Your activity plan should demonstrate:-
• Your informed and critical choice of activity
• Your skills in using best practice in written and visual online content to engage others
• You extending your knowledge by applying theory to practice of new techniques/methods
• You drawing upon current and emerging debate and research to guide your approach
• You evaluating and justifying your choice of measurement tools and criteria