Concept Analysis Paper – Part B
1. Search the literature for journal articles and books related to the concept to get a sense of the beliefs and thoughts of others in the discipline regarding the concept.
a. Utilize at least 5 articles from the nursing research literature.
b. Utilize at least 2 articles from non-nursing literature
c. Provide a minimum of 10 references from multiple disciplines
2. Identify uses of the concept, both ordinary and scientific.
3. Formulate a list of characteristics or criteria that describe the concept in observable/measureable terms.
4. List any operational definitions provided in the articles.
5. Discuss antecedents and consequences/outcomes for the concept
6. Develop your own working definition of the concept which contains all the critical attributes.
a. Ask the question: I’ll know it when I see it because….
7. Submit the 3-5 page paper (not counting cover page and reference list) with preliminary reference list in APA format by the deadline.
RUBRIC PHASE B CONCEPT
SECTION CONTENT POINTS
1. Uses of concept Identify uses of concept, both ordinary and scientific
2. Characteristics of concept in observable/ measurable terms List of characteristics that describe the concept in observable/measurable terms
3. Based on literature review
List operational definitions from the literature
Uses minimum of 10 references (at least 5 nursing; at 2 from non-nursing)
4. Antecedents and consequences of concept List antecedents of concept
List consequences/outcomes of concept
5. Working definition Develop your own definition (working) which contains all the critical elements as found in literature review.
Paper conforms to all APA guidelines 10
7. Writing structure Grammar – Sentences are grammatically correct
Paragraphs are clear and thoughts logical
Use of headings