Assignment 3: The Collaborative Role of a Consultant
Each consulting engagement is unique, defined by the needs of the client, the scope of the work, and the role of the consultant. In your readings, consultants are categorized into the roles of experts, facilitators, and pairs of hands. Consultants perform effective roles. However, they can also fall into unsuitable roles. In such instances, the consultant needs to bring the problem to the client’s attention. Ideally, the consultant and the client should work together collaboratively to design, develop, and implement a solution that meets the customer’s needs.
For this assignment, you will discuss the different roles consultants play and explore how you would consult collaboratively. Additionally, you will consider the potential ethical and conflict-of-interest issues possible in this kind of close consulting relationship.
Using your textbook and at least two additional scholarly resources from the Argosy University online library resources, research the roles of a consultant and collaborative consulting.
In three to five pages:
- Describe the different roles a consultant can fulfill.
- Explain a scenario wherein a consultant ended up in an undesirable role. Identify how the consultant could have changed the outcome to something more positive and productive for the client.
- Describe the concept of collaborative consulting and its effectiveness.
- Explain at least two to three ways in which a consultant can maintain integrity and ethical standards when working closely with clients.
Your final product will be in a Microsoft Word document approximately three to five pages in length. You will utilize at least two scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- Save your document as AU_IO6440_M1_A3_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- By Tuesday, July 21, 2015, submit your assignment to the M1 Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Described the different roles a consultant can fulfill.||
|Explained a scenario wherein a consultant ended up in an undesirable role. Identified how the consultant could have changed the outcome to something more positive and productive for the client.||
|Described the concept of collaborative consulting and its effectiveness.||
|Explained at least two to three ways in which a consultant can maintain integrity and ethical standards when working closely with clients.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA style); and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||