There is a difference between a crime scene investigator and a coroner’s investigator. There is also a difference between a coroner and a medical examiner. There are 3 ways to determine the time of death:
- Livor mortis
- Rigor mortis
- Algor mortis
- First, revise your Unit 4 Outline according to instructor feedback and peer review.
- Next, using the outline as a base, address the following questions, and add your responses to your Assignment final draft:
- What restrictions apply to a crime scene investigator with regard to a body within the crime scene? Explain.
- What is the role of a coroner’s investigator? Explain.
- What is a coroner? Explain.
- What is a medical examiner? Explain.
- What is the difference between livor mortis, rigor mortis, and algor mortis?
- Do you believe that every jurisdiction should have a coroner or a medical examiner? Why or why not?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.