The following are specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment:
- Understand critical success factors in achieving strategic objectives.
- Apply a variety of qualitative and quantitative business analysis techniques.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business strategy.
- Write clearly and communicate effectively about business strategy using proper writing mechanics and appropriate media.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you do the following:
- Discuss the most likely IKEA core competency, how you would test whether this is truly a core competency, and the steps you would recommend that IKEA take if it isn’t.
- Compose a 1-2 page memo to advise a company that is entering into a strategic alliance what it must do to increase the chances of success. Address at least three issues the company will likely face.
Your assignment should adhere to these guidelines:
- Write in a logical, well-organized, conventional business style. Use Times New Roman font size 12 or similar, double-space, and leave ample white space per page.
- On the first page or in a header, include the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Reference pages are not included in the assignment page length.
- Faculty has discretion to penalize for assignments diverting from the assignment guidelines. Check with your individual professor if you feel the assignment requires a much longer or shorter treatment than recommended.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality and focus, logic/organization of the paper, and communication skills, using the following grading criteria.