Read about Evans v. Board of Education (Module 3 Background reading) and apply your understanding of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to analyze the case.
Evans v. Board of Education of the Rhinebeck Central School District, 930 F. Supp. 83 (S.D. YH, 1996). http://www.wrightslaw.com/law/caselaw/case_Evans_Rhinebeck_FAPE.html
1. Discuss the rights and the extent of the benefits that the student was entitled to receive.
2. Explain the major principles of IDEA.
3. Describe the role of the school district in supporting the major principles of IDEA.
- Use the case of Frank Evans as a starting point for your discussion.
- Refer to the IEP and FAPE in your discussion.