Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student answers the following three (3) items using headers to separate each item:
- Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past or current) that influences social responsibility in the American people today. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider how the events influences the way American citizens’ acts socially responsible toward its community, support of its local, state, or government politics, and/or support of the Republican or Democratic values.
- Discuss two (2) media events (past or present) that has positively and negatively influenced public opinion of one government agency. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider how a news story or media coverage of an event positively or negatively change the public’s opinion (or perception) towards the responsibility of the government agency in meeting the needs of its clients, customers, the American people.
- Discuss two (2) differences between the Republican and Democratic parties that may have an ethical impact on the American people. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider the ideals, values, missions, and/or goals of the Republican and Democratic parties and determine if it presents any type of ethical concerns for or against the American people.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries, Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other Website do that does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving the U.S. government, national political processes, policy making, and the notion of democracy.
- Employ terminology used to study political science and American government.
- Distinguish between civil rights and civil liberties in the context of Supreme Court protection of freedom of expression.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and questions involving the U.S. government and national political processes using information in the course.
- Explain how the federal system of government works.
- Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S. government and national political processes.
- Describe the importance of an informed, effective citizenship for the national government and political processes.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
- Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics.