For this assignment, you will conduct some academic research on project management and Six Sigma applications. You may use your textbook as a resource, but you must also use at least two additional outside resources. It is highly recommended that you use the electronic library since the sources in the library are valid and credible resources.
Six Sigma uses the DMAIC process to solve problems and to recognize opportunity. This DMAIC process stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control. Six Sigma teams use maps, charts and graphs and statistical data throughout this DMAIC process to better pinpoint root causes and to create solutions.
Your research assignment is to prepare a report on how a Six Sigma team in a business organization might use the DMAIC process. Include how this organization might use techniques and tools such as the Why-Why Diagram, the Cause-and-Effect Diagram, and Scatter Diagrams. Include how this organization might use statistics to analyze and to interpret data.
In the conclusion of your report, state how you think you will use this DMAIC process in your present or future career path.
NOTE: Your opinions, interpretations and conclusions are an important part of any research assignment. However, you must provide support for such through your research.
Your report must meet the following criteria:
- Your report should be approximately two pages in length, including any appropriate headings.
- Include a title that is centered and a header that includes your name, the course, and the date.
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- Single space your lines of text; double space between paragraphs.
- You must use at least three resources; one of which can be your textbook.
- Use APA double citation. This means you cite within your text and you provide the full source citation at the end of your paper.
- Simply providing a weblink is not adequate and will be considered intentional plagiarism.
- Failure to properly cite your sources may result in failing this assignment and failing this course.