- Select an image(s) from an electronic source that exemplifies your position on the effect of television in American culture. Your argument must show that a cause-and-effect relationship does or does not exist between TV and behavior, health, intelligence, or morality, etc.
- Select an image(s) from an electronic source that you think exemplifies your position on the effect of advertising on American youth. What do advertisements tell young people they should value? Argue a causal relationship between American advertising and the attitudes and behaviors of American youth.
Be sure to follow the writing processes guidelines: gather all of your information, plan the direction of your essay, and organize your ideas by developing a 1-page thesis statement and outline for your essay. Format the thesis statement and the outline into a single Word document using current APA.
As you compose your essay, be sure to:
- Follow the writing style required by your degree program (MLA, APA, or Turabian).
- Use in-text citations to cite works.
- Integrate at least 4 quotations, 1 summary, and 1 paraphrase into your essay.
- Include a references or works cited page containing any and all sources you cite in your paper, including images. You may use 1 or 2 images in your essay to support your argument, but each must not take up more than one-third of a page (with 1-inch margins), and they will not contribute to the total page count for the assignment.
- Use the grading rubric, the Outline Suggestions document, and the proofreading checklist (provided below) to draft and revise your essay.
- Include your thesis statement and outline on a separate page at the end of the document.
- Type your degree program and which style of writing you are using (MLA, APA, or Turabian) on the title page of your so that your instructor can grade your essay accordingly.
Be sure to fully cite all quotations, summaries, paraphrases, and images. If you fail to give credit for outside material, it will be regarded as plagiarism and will result in a “0” on your essay and possibly course failure.