Assume the same role of VP of Human Resources
- Determine which laws need to be most closely monitored in your organization and state why.
- Develop a sample job description for the actual role you perform or desire to have and demonstrate how you would protect your company from claims that what employees are asked to do once hired were not a part of the job description.
- Discuss steps you should take to protect your organization from possible litigation when hiring a new employee (provide specific examples to support your argument).
- Discuss steps you should take to protect your organization from possible litigation when terminating that same employee (provide specific examples to support your argument).
- Cite at least five (5) references, three (3) of which must be from peer-reviewed journals.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the major laws affecting human resources management in health care organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services human resource management using proper writing mechanics.