facility planning and design )
The manufacturing workshop of a school can be considered as a typical job shop manufacturing facility that produces low volumes and high variety products. In the meantime, the workshop is also a facility provides the function of service for faculty research projects (making all different kind of one piece equipment). The current problem for the workshop is space limited for over crowed equipment. This project is requesting you to re-planning for the whole workshop after the remodeling and layout redesign during spring semester of 2015, including every area that within the workshop (as long as the area that cab be reached after you walk into the workshop main entrance door).
- Your understanding of the project objective and customer requirements. The alternative layouts for the machinery labs are based on the voice of the customer, need of the CECS. Any assumptions made are clearly stated and validated with data (where applicable).
- Organization of the report. The written report shall be typewritten, single-spaced, use 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman font. The report shall be approximately 8 pages in length. The report shall include a table of contents, be paginated, and the contents organized in sections.
- Originality of treatment. The material in the report is clearly a contribution of the students and not just a series of quotations with or without attribution. A logical thought process was followed to analyze the information provided by the customer and transform it into a plausible solution that can be used for future decision support. The solutions proposed clearly reflect the level of effort invested by the team.
- Accuracy of material. The written report shall include a list of references and these references shall be properly cited in the report.
- 2D model of facility layout for each method.
The final report should be organized as follows:
The report should summarize your efforts and provide enough details so that another manufacturing engineer can understand the process and logic used to generate your layout alternatives.
- Introduction:Problem statement, objectives of the study, brief description of existing facilities, and constraints and assumptions.
- Descriptions of the data collected:department data, personnel data (if needed), and laboratory data. No hand written data collection sheets or other hand-written/drawn diagrams should be part of the report. Some information may be included as computer files (e.g., a spreadsheet file with collected data).
- Project Methodology:The methods (Graph-based method, Total Closeness Rating, Weight Factor Method) used to analyze and synthesize this data and generate alternatives. Quantitative approaches will get the most credit. Details of specific analyses should be included.
- Evaluation of Alternative: evaluate alternatives by comparing the total weight for each alternative.
- Summary of Results and Conclusions: optimal solution
IIMPORTANT : YOU HAVE TO USE THE METHODS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU DONT KNOW THEM PLEASE DONT MESSAGE ME
I WILL PROVIDE THE DATA IF YOU THINK YOURE CAPABLE OF DOING IT
THANK YOU ALL