Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
In this assignment, you will investigate the biotic and abiotic structure and function of an ecosystem.
Choose 1 of the following ecosystems:
- Tropical rainforest
- Coral reef
You will prepare a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation (not including the title or reference slides) and include a minimum of 3 images about your choice of ecosystem, covering the following in your presentation:
- Where might this type of ecosystem be located? Give 1 specific example.
- Describe the structure of the ecosystem.
- List both the abiotic components and biotic components.
- Describe the function of the ecosystem.
- How do the abiotic and biotic components interact in biogeochemical cycles?
- Describe both the carbon and nitrogen cycles.
- Describe disturbance and recovery.
- Describe 1 natural and 1 human-caused disturbance to the ecosystem.
- Explain the damage to the ecosystem, including how the abiotic and biotic characteristics of the ecosystem changed.
- Explain how ecosystems recover naturally based on resilience mechanisms and the theory of secondary succession.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.