Using the Brooks (2010) article, develop a research paper on ethical issues regarding information technology. Be certain to examine the following in your paper:
- Societal ethical changes caused by information technology
- The ethical usage of information technology
- The development of a code of ethics associative with these ethical issues
- Enforcement issues related to a code of ethics for information technology
- Interpret how a code of ethics would be established within an academic setting, especially with the advancement of the online educational environment
Support your paper with a minimum of five (5) scholarly resources in addition to required resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
|Babin, R., Briggs, S., & Nicholson, B. (2011). Emerging markets corporate social responsibility and global IT outsourcing.|
|Brooks, R. (2010). The development of a code of ethics: An online classroom approach to making connections between ethical foundations and the challenges presented by information technology.|
|Mingers, J., & Walsham, G. (2010). Toward ethical information systems: The contribution of discourse ethics.|