Directions: Please provide a short answer/essay to each question. Make sure you properly cite using APA, case law, and the applicable Federal rules of evidence or Constitutional amendment(s) applicable to support your answer.
- List three duties of an officer at a crime scene that will aid the prosecution at trial.
- During an officer’s testimony, what should an officer do when the prosecutor has overlooked what seems to be a crucial element of the questioning?
- Describe appropriate court attire for the police officer.
- List some ways in which an officer can improve his or her skills as a witness.
- Describe three mistakes an officer should avoid in order to not have a negative impact on the jury.
- How can the officer portray to the jurors the best possible impression of himself or herself as a police officer?
- Describe the two ways in which a judge may respond to an objection.
- How can an officer’s testimony endanger the efforts of the prosecution?
- Why must the officer avoid any display of emotion as a spectator in the courtroom?