Management Succession and Risk Management Strategies
Please respond to the following:
- Assume you are the owner of a small business with which you are familiar. Outline the basics of a management succession plan for passing the business on to the individual of your choice.
- Referring to the same small business, determine the most appropriate way for that business to minimize its exposure to risk. Explain your rationale.
- From the case study, discuss possible new options for finding quality employees other than those considered in the case study.
- From the case study, discuss how Mark Sims could better motivate the employees he already has to become more productive and dedicated. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Note: you might enjoy watching an animated video by Dan Pink on motivation–you might be surprised by the results of the research he shares.
Getting the Job” Please respond to the following:
- As the video titled “Melissa Forman – Hilarious Resume Typos” (4 min 55 s) located at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClWySJ6Sxs demonstrates it is very important to avoid mistakes when writing resumes and cover letters. Think back over your background and job history. What types of messaging have you used that are related to “finding” and “obtaining” employment? Some examples may include: job application cover letters, thank you notes, job-acceptance letters, recommendation requests, and others. Based on the video you watched, determine what the protocol is in your field or area of interest, and ascertain what makes an effective messaging tool. Please share relevant experiences / anecdotes from your work life.