Watch the video “Unearthed: The Caves of Qumran/The Jesus Boat” (Director: Chris Atkins)(Studio: Exploration Films) (Amazon Product Link: http://www.amazon.com/Unearthed-Caves-Qumran-Jesus-Boat/dp/B003SKIM9K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)
And answer the following questions based on the clip. Everything must be from the Clip or Bible. Just answer each question in several words, sentences or paragraphs individually. Don’t compose an article. Please provide the “time” or and “time interval” of the video where you find the answer when applicable. Thank you.
From “The Jesus Boat”
1. What’s events made it possible for two brothers to make the initial discovery of the “Jesus Boat”
2. What was the wood like when it was first uncovered?
3. What was Migdal/ Magdala like around the time of Jesus, what sort of economy dominated the city?
4. What were some of the challenges they faced in excavating the boat?
5. Why is finding a boat from the time of Jesus matter?
From “The Caves of Qumran”
1. What languages were used to write the Dead Sea Scrolls?
2. Why did the Essenes live apart from the rest of the Jewish world?
3. What was the name of the Essene leader?
4. What arguments are there for and against John the Baptist being an Essene?
5. What’s re some of the mysteries of the scrolls?