In your role as VP of human resources, you have been involved in a number of suits brought on by the union; some you have won in front of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and some you have lost. Because it is time for the annual factory supervisory management training, you thought you should put together a refresher training presentation for the supervisors and to assist your new hire, Jane, in dealing with major labor relations legislation and Supreme Court rulings.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation including the following:
- 12 to 15 slides
- Speaker notes
- Colored background
- Clip art or eye-catching graphs or pictures
- Review all 3 of the following cases and labor issues:
- Griggs vs. Duke Power
- Either the Supreme Court’s ruling about reverse discrimination involving the New Haven, Connecticut Fire Department, or the Bakke Case
- WARN legislation
- For eachof the 3 cases and labor issues, describe the following:
- What the issue was about
- Why its broad application to business in general is important to HR managers like Jane and line managers
Grading Criteria Percentage Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear. 35% Scholarly research supports the writer’s position and is properly acknowledged, and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluding title page, abstract, table of contents, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference pages). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences. 20% Critical thinking: Position is well-justified, there is logical flow, and there are examples. 20% Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion, proper paragraph format, and reads as a polished, academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable. 10% Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors. 10% APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.).