World Development Indicators 2013
(Washington, DC: World Bank. doi: 10.1596/978-0-8213-9824-1. License: Creative
Commons Attribution CC BY 3.0) available at www.worldbank.org
2. Produce a graph in any style you wish to illustrate the relative FDI flow for your countries. Please indicate which year the data comes from for each country.
3. Explain why these figures might not be a satisfactory way of ranking countries in terms of their success in attracting FDI. Suggest a method to overcome this and explain why it has been chosen.
4. Produce a new set of figures according to your suggestion in answer to Q.3. Present a graph, of the same type you used in answer to Q.2. of your new data.
5. Compare the evidence on FDI attractiveness in your new graph with that of your original graph.
6. Present a table of the data on the % growth of urban population, for each of your 8 countries giving sources and definitions.
7. Produce a scatter diagram of the FDI success variable from Q.4 (on the Y-axis) against percentage growth of urban population (on the X-axis) for each of your 8 countries. Comment on any patterns found in this graph.