Public Health Needs
Select a public health program (state or federal program) working toward reducing a health disease such as diabetes, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, or asthma.
- Write a brief introduction to address the program by including a historical overview, the need for the program, the theoretical background on which the program is designed, a brief overview of the services offered, and the significance of the program.
- Describe the health disease including data on current incidence, prevalence, mortality rates, and projections for the next five years. Address interventions and treatment options to change the status quo of this epidemic. Present the data in a tabular or graphical form.
- Compare and contrast how this disease is affecting different racial and ethnic groups. Based on your calculations, what inference can you conclude?
- Identify the resources needed to treat this disease including facilities, equipment, pharmaceuticals, research, funding, and healthcare professionals.
- Using the projections, estimate the resources needed to treat these diseases over the next five years. Explain the estimates.
At least two pages, formatted in the APA style as a Word document.