Write a paper that details the entire criminal justice process for a felony criminal charge filed in a state court. Your paper will:
- Summarize all of the steps between arrest, pre-trial, trial, and appeals (both state and federal appeal possibilities).
- Explain the contingencies for each stage of the proceedings and address all possible outcomes.
- Analyze how constitutional protections for the defendant work at each stage of the proceeding.
- Evaluate whether the system effectively deals with criminal prosecutions, or whether changes or improvements are required.
- Provide recommendations to make the system more fair and ethical for all those involved.
For help completing this assignment, please reference the Sample Paper.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly sources other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style