Group 2 – Select two (2) of the following: Deviant Place Theory; Routine Activity Theory; Deviant Lifestyle Theory; or Victim Precipitation Theory.
- Summarize the theory of victimization, describing its meaning and core concepts as it relates to the nature of crime.
- Identify subcategories of the theory and describe each.
- Apply the theory to one (1) real life example or scenario. Briefly explain why the theory applies to the example you identified.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs and similar websites do not quality as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use the chart template located here.
- Be typed using Time New Roman font (size 12).
- Include a reference page. References in APA 6th Edition formatting should be written in Times New Roman 12 point, in alphabetical order, double-spaced, subsequent lines indented, title / journals italicized appropriately, etc.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize and describe various theories of victimization as they relate to the nature of crime in democratic societies.
- Apply the core concepts understood in the theories of victimization to real life criminal cases and scenarios.
- Use technology and information resources to research victimization theories and criminal cases.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.