The type of the essay is a SURVEY PAPER. It is a concise, carefully written 3-page (1500-word) paper exploring the topic of “The Effects of Synesthesia on Auditory and Visual Experiences (music and color)”. Four articles provided in the uploaded files part, that have been attached as PDF’s should be discussed and used as citation sources throughout the essay to provide important data in a concise manner. The paper should present the topic, review the research that has been done previously, evaluate strengths, weaknesses and implications of the research (on technical, objective terms, not as a matter of personal opinion only), and propose ideas and strategies for further research on how Synesthesia condition affects ‘color hearing’ and the ‘perception of music and color’ in individual.
When the citations are being done, it is a MUST to make it very clear which part IS the citation, and which part is NOT, by using appropriate “ ” signs.
Below Are the Resources that should be used in the essay, that have been uploaded to my account:
– Ortmann Otto, “Theories of Synesthesia in the light of a Case of Color-Hearing”,
Human Biology, Vol. 5, No. 2 (May 1933), pp. 155-211, Wayne State University Press, JStor, Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/41447632
– B. M. Galeyev, “The Nature and Functions of Synesthesia in Music”, Vol. 40, No. 3
(2007), pp. 285-288, Leonardo, The MIT Press, JStor, Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20206419
– Bulat M. Galeyev, “Evolution of Gravitational Synesthesia in Music: To Color and
Light!”, Vol. 36, No. 2 (2003), pp. 129-134, Leonardo, The MIT Press, JStor, Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1577439
– Greta Berman, “Synesthesia and the Arts”, Vol. 32, No. 1 (1999), pp. 15-22, Leonardo, The MIT Press, JStor, Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1576621
– Lawrence Marks, “On Colored-Hearing Synesthesia: Cross-Modal Translations on Sensory Dimensions”, Vol.82, No.3, pg. 303-331, American Psychological Association, May 1975