Understand the application one of the following CAM systems:
- traditional Chinese medicine
Then, select a chronic health condition. Research how the CAM application you have chosen will improve the selected chronic health condition and discuss the reasons why a consumer would seek out this form of treatment.
Support your position with at least two scholarly or peer-reviewed sources, in addition to the textbook and this week’s required/recommended reading. You may use professional Internet sources; however, these sources will not count toward the research requirement.
Resources Below that may be helpful.
- American Chiropractic Association. (2011). History of chiropractic care. Retrieved fromhttp://www.acatoday.org/level3_css.cfm?T1ID=13&T2ID=61&T3ID=149
- Keating, J. (2007). 100 years ago in chiropractic. Dynamic Chiropractic, 25 (26), pp. 32-37. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- Medline Plus. (2011). Herbal medicine. Retrieved fromhttp://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/herbalmedicine.html
- Mogensen, M. (2011, May 1). Face time: Stephen Kottler on the power of homeopathy. Sun Journal. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (2011). Homeopathy: An introduction. Retrieved from http://nccam.nih.gov/health/homeopathy/
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (2011). Naturopathy. Retrieved fromhttp://nccam.nih.gov/health/naturopathy/