Chapter 9 in the Burt, Petcavage, and Pinkerton text refers to creating a statement of work. Imagine that you need to hire a consultant to identify and provide production recommendations for service-based firms. Create a statement of work (SOW) for the consultant that meets the criteria set forth in the chapter, and discuss why you chose to include that content. In addition, answer these four questions:
- What is the primary objective of the SOW?
- Why is it essential to differentiate between the primary objective and subordinate objectives while developing the SOW?
- How does the SOW affect administration of the contract?
- Describe the balancing act required when developing the SOW. Give two examples.
- Your essay will require an organizational structure that includes: an introduction section, conclusion section, individual sections that address each of the components in a SOW for a service-based industry, and individual sections that answer the four additional questions, above.
- Write a 3- to 4-page paper (not including the required title and reference pages).
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the and APA Requirements.
- You must support your analysis with at least four scholarly references. Sources such as Wikipedia, USA Today, Fox News, or MSNBC news do not qualify as scholarly references. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.