Case Study Assignment Instructions
Please prepare a case study analysis write-up of the case assigned by your instructor. Your write-up should be typed, up to two single-spaced pages with one inch margins, using 11-point Calibri font. You may include a cover sheet with your name, course, and date, or put the same information in the header.
Organization: Please be sure to organize your case write up so that it has at a minimum the following sections with headings (to help with organization of the content for the reader):
• Business problem statement
• Key issues (i.e. key issues linked to your stated problem / causes of the problem / symptoms of the problem)
• Solutions and action plans (can also be called recommendations and implementation plans, or something similar). Be sure to be specific in presenting at least two solutions.
Assignment goal: The goal of the assignment is to help you 1) practice and improve your case analysis skills as you sift through ambiguous information (similar to an actual business dilemma); 2) practice and improve your business writing skills; 3) apply business theories and concepts from our program; and 4) assess if students in our MBA program are reaching our program-level learning goals.
Scoring dimensions: This assignment will be scored using rubrics in line with the CBA MBA Program Learning Goals. These four learning goals are:
• Leadership skills: Our graduates effectively accomplish organizational goals in collaborative dynamic environments.
• Communication skills: Our graduates effectively communicate in a variety of business settings using appropriate techniques.
• Integrative analysis competency: Our graduates effectively address business situations in novel ways through reason and holistic analytical thinking.
• Strategic problem-solving competency: Our graduates evaluate business situations and craft effective strategies to pursue opportunities and achieve business outcomes.