Please read the additional document and research about the exhibition before writhing the essay.
Answer the following questions:
Part I: 2nd floor- Black Lake
1. How was the experience of viewing the Black Lake installation? Describe the way in which elements of music, sculpture, art and fashion merged to create this art piece.
Part II: 3rd floor Songlines Installation
1. Describe Bjork as an artist–describe her aesthetic both musically and sartorially.
2. How does Bjork use fashion in her works and presentations as an artist? Does fashion act as a separate element in her performance and videos?
3. How does Bjork ‘s clothing change as her music changes? Give 3 specific examples from the exhibit.
4. Can you think of any other artists that use fashion in a similar way to Bjork?
5. How does the reading called The New Nordic describe Icelandic identity and the influence of nature on Icelandic designers and artists? How do both of these factors influence Bjork’s clothing choices shown in the exhibit? Give three examples from different sections of the exhibit.
Part III: Review
1. Give an overview and critique of the exhibit. What were your favorite and least favorite parts of the exhibit?
2. Do you think the exhibit was successful? Do you think Bjork is a subject worthy of an exhibit at the MoMA? Explain why or why not.