To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Final Paper links in the left navigation.
The purpose of this eight- to ten-page Final Paper is to fully analyze the mortgage securities market, the problems experienced beginning in 2006, and to offer recommendations to prevent those types of problems from recurring. At a minimum, you must address the following in your analysis:
- Describe the mortgage securities market and how this market functions.
- Examine the reasons why so many subprime mortgages were created from 2000 to 2006, and how those subprime mortgages were re-sold in the secondary securities market.
- Analyze the driving forces that caused the problems experienced by the mortgage securities market since 2006.
- Analyze the changes that have been instituted since 2009 to prevent a recurrence of the problems experienced in the mortgage securities market beginning in 2006, and whether the changes have been effective in preventing those problems from recurring.
- Develop recommendations that would protect against the types of problems experienced in the mortgage securities market from 2006¬-2009.
Writing the Final Paper:
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and includes an overview of the research conceptualization and a self-reflection.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA